1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing.
Everyone goes through seasons of waiting. A lot of times, people just sit back and wait for God to do everything. But, you have to remember to do your part and make preparations. You have to talk like it’s going to happen and act like it’s going to happen. Some people might say, “Well, what if I do this and it doesn’t happen?” But I say what if you do and it does happen? And even if things don’t turn out the way you had hoped, you’d still be better off living your life positive and hopeful than you would to go around down and discouraged.
I love what David said in the Bible, “God, my times are in Your hands.” He was saying, “God, I don’t know when it’s going to happen, but I know You know what’s best for me.” I’m going to go out today expecting good things. And even if it doesn’t happen, I’m not going to go to bed all disappointed. I’m going to go to bed knowing that I’m one day closer to seeing my dreams and desires come to pass!
Terkadang saya bingung dengan dunia ini. Mereka yang seharusnya berhak mendapat ‘kelayakan lebih’ malah diperoleh dengan begitu mudahnya oleh mereka yang seharusnya tidak berhak. Entah kemana keadilan itu pergi. Atau bahkan keadilanpun sudah tidak tahan menghadapi kegilaan dunia ini. Tetapi bagaimanapun itu, saya percaya Tuhan tidak buta, Ia mengetahui setiap detil segala sesuatu entah sekecil apapun itu. And I believe in the end, there will be a worth-it payoff for every hardwork, as long as we depend not to ourselves but to God. Be grateful :)
"If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world." - C.S. Lewis